IIAC & Industry Events Specific to SAID
IIAC 2014 Small and Independent Dealers’ Symposium
Very well attended, very well received
On September 10, 2014, more than 100 industry representatives took part in the 2014 IIAC Small and Independent Dealers’ Symposium.
Participants heard presentations on issues of importance to Canada’s Small and Independent Dealer (SAID) community, including:
- Cyber Security: Keeping Your Business and Clients Safe – Larry Keating (NPC DataGuard) and J. Paul Haynes (eSentire)
- Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): Compliance Issues for the Financial Industry – Adam Kardash (Osler, Hoskins and Harcourt)
- Current Tax Related Issues for Small Dealers – Debbie Pearl-Weinberg (CIBC), Brian Snider (BMO Financial), Dan Lundenberg (Grant Thornton), Ian Toye (Grant Thornton LLP) and Barb Amsden (IIAC)
- Live Law: Current Legal Issues Affecting Small Dealers – Ellen Bessner (Babin, Bessner, Spry LLP)
- Moving to Managed Accounts: Issues and Considerations in Transforming Your Business from Traditional Retail to Managed Accounts – Scott MacKenzie (Fidelity Clearing Canada LLP), Randy Ambrosie (MacDougall MacDougall MacTier), Mario Frankovich (Burgeonvest Bick Securities Limited), Jacob Leibel (Raymond James), Ray Sawicki (Mandeville Private Client and Mandeville Wealth Services)
Please note: This event earned participants 4.75 Professional Development CE credits. If you have any questions, please contact us.